Thursday 2 May 2013

Sophia


The next morning Brent's little sister Ava slowly crept down the stairs making sure nobody could hear her, she slowly opened the front door and walked out. While she was on her way to the library she thought she could hear moaning, but it was probably just the trees rustling in the wind. She walked up the front steps of the library very quickly keen to get inside and start researching. She found that the libraries one and only computer was taken so she went to the front desk and asked if there were any books on 'Sophia'. The librarian said she would look and find out for her so after 5 minutes of waiting she finally got the answer she had been waiting for, that there were many books that mentioned a girl called Sophia and there even was a article in a old newspaper! So Ava set to work scanning through the books trying to find anything that could help her find more information. Suddenly she came upon a chapter called "The Mysterious Sophia" she scanned the first page to see if it was the right Sophia, and  it was! She read the chapter and took some notes. Then she reached for the article, there was a small picture of a young girl with the tagline underneath it of "Curious Death of Sophia Archibald" she read the article and found that the information in it was very useful AND it matched up to the story from the book. 1 hour after she had got there she suddenly remembered nobody knew where she was so she quickly packed up her things and rushed home thanking the librarian for her help as she went. 
When she arrived home her mother was pacing the length of the front room and glancing out of the window, when I walked in. When she saw me her eyes shone with anger, "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN AVA?!!" I quickly replied researching a story that Brent told me last night, my mother replied " Oh Ava, those stories that Brent tells you are not true! They are made up rumours from school, he just likes to scare you!" But Mom! This one IS real! In the library there was an article on it and there were many books that stated the disappearance of Sophia, "What did you say? Did you say the name Sophia?" I instantly drew back thinking that I was about to be ridiculed for what I said. "Ava, sit down I need to tell you something". Minutes passed as my mother told me the story of Sophia. Half an Hour later I drew back again In shock, I screamed HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME THIS?! my mother replied in a soft tone "I didn't think you knew about the story" WELL YOU WERE WRONG THERE!. I ran up to my room furious with her I kept thinking how could she not tell me her own sister was killed in a crash...

No comments:

Post a Comment