Tuesday 8 July 2014

A story I wrote a while back...

This was inspired by The Katherine Mansfield Birthplace which I visited early this year. It's not that good but I hope you like it.

A soft red velvet drape hangs across our awning, muddy boots and coats lie strewn across the porch, I follow my sisters in silently, Mummy and Daddy were having tea in the dining room as we sneak past I see Mummy carefully perched on the edge of her chair. Our youngest servant, Emily, she stood in the corner watching; eyes like a hawk as Mummy and Daddy ate.

We continue to scurry past sneaky giggles escaped us as we scampered joyfully up the stairs my oldest sister Darcy was in the lead followed by Tilly and then there was me Poppy. We raced to the top of the stairs, to our left was Mummy and Daddy’s room where I slept with them in a crib, I felt like such a baby with the others who had big beds and their own room.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment