Tuesday 8 July 2014

Blue White Red

Blue, White, Red, Blue, White, Red.

Light’s flashed behind me, I put my foot down on the accelerator and shot off, I was determined to escape from the clutches of the police. There was a side road coming off the highway, I swerved to make the turn...good it had lots of twists, this would be the perfect road for me to make my getaway. Not caring about the speed limit I raced around the first corner sliding as I did so, the police were hot on my tail, I put my foot down harder; 140 km per hour, the second corner was sharper, half of my car slid off the road but I made it round, they were still following my every move, I had to take a risk, I had to escape, I put my foot flat on the accelerator, I shot forward again like a bullet but this time I couldn’t keep control of my car, I swerved off the road into a ditch, I could feel a warm liquid trickling slowly down my face, the car was about to flip underneath me, slowly the car tipped forward onto its nose, I could hear the crunch of metal as it descended the steep hill, it rolled over again, faster this time my forehead hit something, a searing pain made my sight go all blurry, I knew I was going to lose all consciousness soon, I reached for the key I had hidden under my seat and slipped it into my jacket pocket.

A fluorescent light was above my head, I tried to move my head but something was stopping me, I looked over at the other side of the room, the was a nurse standing at a basin washing her hands, I looked back at the ceiling, I thought to myself ‘I’m alive’ then suddenly it all came back to me, the dark side road, the twists and turns, the flashing lights of the police car, it was so horrible, I could feel a scream building up underneath my ribs...then the worst flashback came, I was flipping over and over in the car my stomach churning, that was it i couldn't hold it in any longer; I let out an ear piercing scream, it filled the room, I heard the nurse running over to my bedside with wide eyes, that was the last thing I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment